Friday, June 3, 2011

The fanciest lunch of my life so far

My mom was going to a luncheon at Little America in Salt Lake for SelectHealth because she won the grant. One person couldn't come so she asked if she could bring me. And they said she could. And it was so good. 


We had an appetizer before but it was just like crackers and fruit and cheese. And I brought a pear home even though it was for decoration. But it was still edible but not ripe. 

Brenda and Sue came too. Shalae couldn't go because she was working. We are standing in front of the banner they had for the Oasis Community Garden.  

 

 This was just the beginning of the the wonderous lunch. 


This was what our table looked like but there was TONS more decorations but I didn't take pictures of all of them. 


Then the lady running it talked to us. And let us finish our salad for a while. 


And they even had these little stands with the picture on it. We were the only ones where our photographer lost all of our pictures. So they took another picture but it wasn't even our hand. So it was kind of sad since we skipped school to go to the photo shoot. But not really because at least me and Lucy were in the video which was the most important part. 


Then they had mango orange juice. 


This was just the BUTTER! Before I touched it I thought it was cream puffs or something. 


Then this was the lunch. Chicken with noodles, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, eggplant and a fork and a plate. 


Each of the 25 groups chose one person in their group to stand up and get the check that you can really take to the bank and cash in to get money to help your group. And then they talked a little about what was the reason they started it. Sue was the one who did it for our group. I clapped for a LOT of people. 


This was the WONDERFUL dessert!!! I had all of mine and half of Sue's because she wasn't eating hers. And I had part of my mom's too!!


These were all of the people who stood up to get their awards. Can you see Sue right in the middle.


These two were at our table too. The man standing up made the video. We are supposed to get a copy and I am so excited so I can show Lucy because she didn't get to go today. 


And THIS is the HUGE chandaleir. It's bigger in person than it is in the picture. 


P.S. Tonight we went to Oasis Community Garden and planted a little garden there. We planted some tomatoes because I don't think the people who go there know how to grow tomatoes like my dad. No offense to those of you who do go there and plant tomatoes but my dad is awesome at planting tomatoes because he learned from my great-grandpa Malouf how to make them grow tall. 

P.P.S. We also went to the First Friday Art Stroll. We went to Jared Allen's art studio and it was awesome. He was having a party called the June Thirth Party. Someone could even live in that place because there was a bed in the basement but I would be scared because it's so cold and such a big space and there's no door to keep you away from the monsters. By the way I am afraid of monsters! Then we went to the Eccles Art Center with David Linton. There were lots of paintings and it went all the way up to three floors. Today was eating, shopping (because we went to get my dad's fathers day present in Salt Lake, planting, and looking at art Friday. And just so you know my mom had to help me type this because it was so long and it was getting too late!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,

    I love your blog. You guys should have called me! I would have loved to go to Jared's studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. It was fun to read about the Select 25 luncheon through your perspective. I will send you a copy of the video soon.

    Marcus (the video guy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Thanks for informing us about the lunch and showing pictures -especially dessert. Sad the pictures were lost - I'll come take pictures of your hands planting plants any time.

    Will you take Jed and I to Jared's studio? Please?!
    If you went to Eccles Art Center, you probably went in my office, it said "Weber Arts Council" on the desk. Hope you liked the art there.

    Do you think you could help me know how to grow awesome tomatoes sometime?

    - Mindy S.

    ReplyDelete